Pedal For A Purpose
A Stationary Bike Relay and Walkathon
Saturday, May 18 | Spokane Community College
When you Pedal For A Purpose you ride, walk or run for a cause to strengthen not just your legs and heart, but those in our community who need us most. Each dollar raised goes directly to a child or teen in need of a safe place before and after school; a family determined to live healthier, spend time together and have fun at the same time; or a senior in need of community where connections turn to friendships and health improves. All this and much more happens thanks to YMCA programs. Each turn of the wheel or step on the track brings us all closer to our goal of supporting each family, child and senior that needs the support that YMCA can bring to their lives. When you pedal – a child, family or senior has a chance to thrive!
Your Dollars in Action
Pedal For A Purpose Dollars Provides Financial Assistance for:
- Camp Reed Scholarships
- Membership For All
- LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA
- Sports – Youth
- Child Care
- Teen Programs
- Swim Lessons
Our Corporate Cup event is a fun team-building opportunity for co-workers or businesses to work together while making Spokane stronger through a healthy fundraising challenge.
Team of 10 riders (Your entire team rides together for 1 hour)
Enjoy friendly competition with other businesses while raising funds for the YMCA. Your team will compete to raise the most money by 3pm on May 18th through donations from friends and family members for your hard work riding a stationary bike for one hour!
Be the team to raise the most money and you get the coveted Corporate Cup trophy*, bragging rights for a year, and the satisfaction of making a difference in your community. *duration one-year
2016 – Sondren Packaging
2017 – Wheeler Industries, Inc.
2018 – Inland Empire Football Officials Association
Become a Sponsor
Let your community know your business supports a great cause. We are BETTER TOGETHER, don’t miss a chance to be seen by thousands!
Your Sponsorship = Big Impact
- Youth Development – From childcare, to swim lessons, to martial arts, to camps, YMCA youth explore and achieve their full potential.
- Healthy Living – Greater health improves our lives, our families and our community. Whether spirit, mind or body, health and well-being is possible and achievable with YMCA programs.
- Social Responsibility – Giving back to and supporting our neighbors simply strengthens community. We believe everyone deserves a chance to learn, grow and thrive.
THANK YOU to all who participated in the 2018 Pedal For A Purpose Events. Because of you, we raised $115,156 to support Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility in our community!
Tee Off For Teens Golf Tournament
Watch for 2019 Date | Manito Golf & Country Club
Join YMCA members, community partners, and business leaders for an afternoon of friendly competition to support Y teen programs that help youth learn, grow and thrive.
The tournament is a shotgun start, scramble format with opportunities to win prizes for longest drive, closest to the pin and hole-in-one contests. Also, each player will receive a gift bag filled with special treats. Throughout the course, you will sample a variety of gourmet foods provided by local restaurants who will be competing in the Chef Bite Challenge. The tournament will culminate with the famous Helicopter Ball Drop Raffle at the 18th fairway with the chance to win up to $5,000 (Tickets are $10 – see registration form), followed by a delicious gourmet dinner and lively auction at the Manito Club House.
All tournament proceeds benefit YMCA Teen Programs
- Outside the Box
- YMCA Earth Service Corps
- Youth & Government
- Youth Investment
- Act Six Full Tuition Scholarship
Camp Reed Auction
Saturday, October 13, 2018
Please join us as we celebrate YMCA Camp Reed. All funds raised from the auction directly support Camp Reed through camper scholarships, facility improvements, and program opportunities for campers.
- To donate, please download our 2018 Procurement Form. Donated item(s) and procurement forms may be sent/dropped off at our office at 1126 N Monroe, Spokane, WA 99201. To have your item(s) included in our auction catalog, please submit your procurement form by September 5. Auction items will be gladly received until the day of the auction, October 13.
- Click HERE for auction tickets. A single ticket is $75 or reserve a table seating 10 guests for $750.
- Northern Quest Resort and Casino offers a special Camp Reed Auction rate. $179 per night: Friday 10/12 and/or Saturday 10/13. To make reservations call 1-877-871-6772 and request Camp Reed Rates.
Thank you to our amazing sponsors, donors, and attendees, whose support has allowed Camp Reed to continue to thrive and make a difference in our world…one child at a time!