Welcome Back – What To Expect at Spokane YMCAs
Currently, all visits to the Spokane area YMCAs and Pools require Advance Registration. These are challenging times and we are doing our best to provide our members access to the Y in the safest means possible. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this ever-changing landscape.
- This page contains information on returning to Spokane area YMCAs and Pools, along with instructions on how to use our new Activity Registration System where you can reserve a space in your favorite group exercise class, fitness equipment, or pool.
Reserve Your Activity
Welcome to the new and improved YMCA reservation system. Our partner MotionVibe has created a more robust experience with many more features.
How To Get Started:
- The very first time (and only time), you will need to create an account by clicking the Sign Up Now link at the bottom of the Member Login screen.
- Enter your First Name, Last Name, and the Bar Code listed on your Membership Card or Key Tag, also included in the email we sent.
- Create a Username and Password – if you’re like me, I like to write it down somewhere.
- Enter your Birthdate, Email Address, and choose a Home Branch – the branch you visit the most.
- Choose the activity tile you want and you will see the schedule for the week.
- Activities within the 24-hour reservation window will be highlighted in green and are open for registration. It’s just that easy. No checking email to confirm.
Next Time You Visit:
- Just enter the Username and Password you set up and check the Remember Me box before hitting Let’s Go to reserve your spot.
If You Need to Unregister for an Activity:
- Go to the top row menu and select the profile button with your name.
- This will bring up the activities you are registered for.
- Simply click the Unregister button
*Mask or face coverings and health screening questions are required for each visit – plan ahead for longer check-in times.
*Mask or face coverings not needed during active exercise but at all other times while in the building or engaging in YMCA programs.Review more details on What To Know when returning to the YMCA. Spokane | Litehouse (Sandpoint, ID)
Membership on Hold Status or Inactive?
No worries! Our new reservation system checks your membership status during the reservation process. If you are having any difficulty securing your spot, call us or come into a facility and we’ll get you back to Active status. Any associated fee will be based on the remaining days before your next draft is scheduled (21st or 1st depending on your account). Want to make changes to your membership? Simply give us a call 509 777 9622 or visit a branch and we can help!
- Wellness Floor Cardio Equipment Fitness Zones, Weight Equipment, *Group Fitness/Group Exercise Classes
- Locker Rooms: for hand washing and restroom use only, except for those with pool reservations.
- Pools: Lap Lane Swim, Aqua Jogging, and Independent Exercise at Central Y, North Y, and Valley Y for ages 14 and older.
*Virtual Fitness Classes continue to be available via Facebook Live, Zoom, Y360, YouTube
Currently Unavailable Amenities
- No Walk-ins
- Guest/Day Passes, Towels, Storage Cubbies, Water Features, Lazy River, Saunas, Steam Rooms, Spas, Gym/Basketball Courts, Volleyball, Pickleball, Teen/Youth Centers, Climbing Wall, and Child Watch.
- Locker Room Use: No showers or locker use. Locker rooms will be for hand washing and restroom use only, except for those with pool reservations.
Health Screen: If any below conditions apply please return at a later date.
- Temperature Check may not exceed 100 degrees (F).
- Do you live or had close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Do you have a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of taste, or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Arrive 15 minutes early for longer check-in times.
- Self-check-in with membership card or App.
- Wear a mask or face covering while in the facility. May be removed during active exercise.
- Bring Towel, Yoga Mat, Water Bottle (water fountains closed, bottle filling stations only), and Bag for personal items, storage cubbies not available.
- Sign Consent and Commitment to Reopening Policies waiver.
What You Can Do:
- Respect and practice physical distancing of 6 feet or more
- Wipe down all equipment before and after each use with provided supplies, along with any surfaces you touch in the locker rooms.
- Wash and sanitize your hands before you enter and often throughout your stay.
YMCA Staff Doing Our Part to Keep Everyone Healthy:
- Welcoming you back with happy smiles behind our masks and PPE!
- Frequent hand washing and physical distancing.
- Extra staff and shifts for enhanced sanitizing and cleaning throughout the building.
- Wellness Ambassadors to answer questions and help maintain healthy spaces.
What to Expect in Our Branches
Currently, all visits to the Spokane area YMCA Pools require advance registration.
- Lap Pool: Lane Swim and Aqua Jogging
- Recreational/Warm Water Pools: Independent exercise
- Y Pool Equipment: Kickboards, Water Weights, and Float Belts. All equipment will be appropriately sanitized by lifeguard staff between uses.
- Locker rooms available for bathroom use and 10 min AFTER your session only
- Pool access is limited to ages 14 and older at this time
Currently Unavailable Amenities
- Hot Tubs, Saunas, Steam Rooms, Lazy River, Slides, and Water Features
- Pool Noodles, but you can bring your own
What to Expect
- Face masks or coverings are required to be worn throughout the facility and on the pool deck, but should not be worn while in the water.
- Bring your own towel
- Please come dressed and ready to swim as locker rooms will only be available for bathroom use and 10-minute period AFTER your swim session for a shower and changing if needed.
- All swimmers will be required to shower before entering the water using the pool deck shower.
- You will have access to the pool for your reservation time only. Please show up on time and be ready to exit the pool area at the end of your session.
- The lifeguard will blast their whistle 3 times at the end of each session. Please exit the pool and gather your belongings.
- One person per lane per hour for lap swim and aqua jogging. Family members may not share a lane and must each reserve their own time slot.
- Five people per hour for independent exercise in the Recreational/Warm Water Pools. Family members may not share a reservation, each must reserve their own time slot.
- As always, staff will continually monitor pool water chemistry.