Valley YMCA Rock Climbing Wall
Climb to new heights at the indoor Valley YMCA rock wall. Certified staff and equipment are provided for anyone age 4 to adult. Appropriate climbing clothing includes closed-toe shoes and dry clothing. Skirts or dresses are not recommended.
The wall may be rented for special events. Ask Member Services for more information.
Open Climb Hours:
- Tue: 6 – 7pm
- Thu: 5 – 8pm
Mini Climbers: Introduction to climbing for youth. Time will be spent exploring equipment, learning terminology, and climbing to comfortable heights along with age appropriate group climbing activities.
- Ages 4-6 only | Tuesdays | 4:00-4:30pm or 4:30-5:00pm
- Y Members $30
- Community Members $45
Little Climbers: Class participants will explore wall at height, learn safety skills, become familiar with equipment and climbing terminology and activities.
- Ages 5-12 | Tuesdays | 5:00-5:45pm
- Y Members $35
- Community Members $55
- Climbers must be 4 years of age or older.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn. No open-toe, open-heal, or hard sole shoes are permitted. No barefoot climbing. No climbing in wet clothes.
- While waiting to climb stay seated on bench.
- No running in the climbing area.
- Only use designated holds on wall for climbing. DO NOT touch exposed metal, bolts, anchors/anchor slings, etc. DO NOT put fingers/hands in eye bolts.
- Climbers must stay on route while climbing due to the dangerous swing factor caused by climbing off route.
- All climbers should be familiar with the equipment, techniques & wall safety before climbing.
- All climbers must have a signed waiver on file. A wristband will be given to climbers to indicate they have signed the waiver.