Valley YMCA Rock Climbing Wall
Climb to new heights at the indoor Valley YMCA rock wall. Certified staff and equipment are provided for anyone age 4 to adult. Appropriate climbing clothing includes closed-toe shoes and dry clothing. Skirts or dresses are not recommended.
The wall may be rented for special events. Ask Member Services for more information.
Climbing Wall Hours of Operation: TBA
- Climbers must be 4 years of age or older.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn. No open-toe, open-heal, or hard sole shoes are permitted. No barefoot climbing. No climbing in wet clothes.
- While waiting to climb stay seated on bench.
- No running in the climbing area.
- Only use designated holds on wall for climbing. DO NOT touch exposed metal, bolts, anchors/anchor slings, etc. DO NOT put fingers/hands in eye bolts.
- Climbers must stay on route while climbing due to the dangerous swing factor caused by climbing off route.
- All climbers should be familiar with the equipment, techniques & wall safety before climbing.
- Belay Certification – belayers must have completed Spokane Valley YMCA’s belay certification to check out equipment and belay other climbers. Belayers must be 18 years of age to check out belay equipment and/or belay other climbers. Members between the ages of 15 – 17 who are Belay Certified must be directly supervised by a belay certified adult 18 years of age or older.
- Belayers are required to check out a flag prior to climbing. This flag must be visible while climbing. Belay cards are valid for one calendar year and must be renewed annually.
- Must pass bouldering safety check.
- Must check in with front desk to receive a flag when climbing wall is not open. Flag must be worn while bouldering.
- Ages 4-14, no solo climbing (bouldering) above the blue line.
- Ages 15-Adult, no solo climbing (bouldering) above red line.
- The YMCA recommends using at least one spotter.
- The YMCA requires the use of crash pads while solo climbing (bouldering).
- Children aged 4-8 must be supervised, and spotted, by their parents/chaperones while solo climbing (bouldering).
- Yield to roped climbers and show courtesy to others bouldering/climbing.
- Never boulder/climb under another climber