Central YMCA Children’s Center
- Children 4 weeks – 5 years
*Program closures due to extreme snow conditions will be in alignment with Spokane Public Schools all-district closures, or when the Central Y facility has been closed by the YMCA.
Invest in your child’s future.
The Central YMCA Children’s Center places your infant, toddler, and preschooler in a caring and supportive environment where they will engage in individual development and learning. Our children enjoy their ‘work’ each day as they learn through hands-on learning environments and activities.
Following developmentally age appropriate curriculum and activities, your child gets exactly what they need. For tour and registration information please contact Julie Luzzo.
Staff members are trained in Early Childhood Education and Development and are selected for their desire to provide a safe and nurturing environment, their understanding of developmentally appropriate practices, and for their genuine love for children. They provide a healthy balance of structured and free-choice activities and curriculum in a state-of-the-art early childhood center.
- Indoor Music and Movement Room
- Outdoor Nature Exploration Classroom
- Gardening in the Victory Garden
- Twice Weekly Swimming Lessons for Preschool
- Weekly Mini-Gym classes for our Older Toddlers and Preschool children featuring fun and age-appropriate techniques for introducing fitness to young children
- Parent Resource Room and Library for up-to-date information on the developmental milestones for young children, common illnesses and childhood concerns, childcare licensing information and community resources
Infants: 4 weeks - 12 months
Toddlers: 12 months - 3 years
Preschool: 3 - 5 years
Parents/guardians can download tax information by logging in to My Account. Once there click Tax Statement Year-end Child Care Statement. Or call 509 777 9622 and a statement can be emailed or mailed to you.
The YMCA’s EIN/Tax ID# is 91-0827958