Powerful Tools For Caregivers
Caring for a family member or friend with a chronic condition can be physically, emotionally, and financially draining. This highly effective, evidence-based, self-care educational program for family caregivers, builds the skills caregivers need to take better care of themselves as they provide care for others. Caregiver participants learn to minimize the potentially negative impacts of caregiving in a six-week program emphasizing self-care and empowerment.
In the six weekly classes, caregivers develop a wealth of self-care tools to:
- Reduce personal stress
- Change negative self-talk
- Communicate their needs to family members and healthcare or service providers
- Communicate effectively in challenging situations
- Recognize the messages in their emotions and deal with difficult feelings
- Make tough caregiving decisions
- Class participants also receive a copy of The Caregiver Helpbook, developed specifically for the class
These classes are conducted virtually via Zoom and are available at NO CHARGE thanks to a generous sponsorship from Aging and Long Term Care of Eastern Washington (ALTCEW).
- May 18 – June 22 | Wednesdays at 1:30pm